Contacting and Visiting
Inmates have access to telephones to make collect calls. They may request to purchase phone time using the canteen kiosk system. They may not receive incoming calls or messages unless it is a life or death emergency, which will be verified by Deputy before issuing the message to the inmate. If you would like to put money onto an inmate's account go to the this link.
Prepaid Phone Services
Prepaid phone services are offered by Network Communications International Corporation (NCIC). You can purchase phone time for an inmate by going to the following NCIC website for additional information.
Mail received at the St. Croix County Jail must be addressed as follows:
St. Croix County Jail
1101 Carmichael Road
Hudson, WI 54016
- Mail must have a return address including name of sender and complete address. Letters without a completed return address will be sent back to the post office.
- Mail received with perfume/lipstick/etc. on exterior will not be delivered to the inmate. It will either be put with the inmate's property or returned to sender.
- Do not send Polaroid pictures.
- Do not send personal checks.
- Do not send property.
- Do not send stamps.
- Do not send envelopes.
- Do not send contraband. Items deemed contraband will be returned or destroyed at staff's discretion.
Remote Visitation Hours
- 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. each day. The last visit time begins at 9 p.m.
- All visitors must register online prior to visiting.
- $0.25 per minute charge for all visits via the Internet.
Lobby Visitation Hours
Inmates are allowed 1 free 20 minute visit per week.
- Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Senior Citizen (55 and Older), Tuesday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
$0.25 per minute:
- Monday and Thursday, noon to 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday, 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Visitor Registration Process
A visit will be terminated should the visitor(s)/inmate become disruptive, disorderly or unruly.
- Visit our online registration website.
- Select "New Visitor" button.
- Fill in required visitor Information.
- Check off the name of the jail and the name of the inmate you want to visit as requested.
- Complete the Audio/Video and Internet Speed Tests located on the same page.
- You are advised to call the Jail for current information and answers to any questions prior to your visit.
- Purchase minutes to visit a specific inmate using the Homewav application.
- 0.25 cents per minute (1 minute minimum)
- 20 minute visit: $5