Free Legal Clinic
FREE LEGAL CLINIC - JANUARY 18, 2023 HELD VIA ZOOM ONLY.
St. Croix County offers a free legal clinic which is staffed by members of the St. Croix Valley Bar Association. Attorneys will not be available at the Government Center. See free legal clinic zoom information below.
During Free legal Clinics, attorneys on will be able to assist in matters relating to: family law, small claims, landlord/tenant, and simple estate issues. If your legal issue does not fall within one of these categories, please consider attending another clinic at a later date.
Effective June 1, 2020, the Free Legal Clinic is available for the general public on the third Wednesday of every month from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm on the main level of the Government Center. Volunteer attorneys will be on hand to answer questions and provide basic information about your legal questions. The clinic is staffed by members of the St. Croix Valley Bar Association.
NOVEMBER 16, 2022 HELD BY ZOOM Zoom Information for January 18, 2023
Free Legal Clinic Safety Plan
- Attendees and volunteers will be asked screening questions upon entry into the building. Anyone answering "yes" will not be allowed to attend the legal clinic and will be advised to return the following month.
- All volunteers and attendees are required to wear masks at all times while in the Government Center.
- A maximum of 8 volunteers and attendees will be allowed in the meeting room at one time.
- Attendees will be monitored to ensure social distancing while waiting in the hallway.
- Time limits of 10-15 minutes with the attorney will be strictly enforced to limit the amount of time attendees are present in the Government Center.