Homestead Parklands is located in Northwestern St. Croix County, approximately 9 miles north of Hudson and five miles south of Somerset. Homestead Park is situated around the northern half of Perch Lake, right off Perch Lake Road Perch Lake is the central feature of the park. The lake reaches 90 feet deep in some areas. The land area includes steep slopes covered by oak woodlands and pine plantations.
May 1 - October 31
- 8 am - Dusk
November 1 - April 30
- Upper-level parking closed to vehicle access. Open to walk-ins. Parking is available at the lower level parking lot (near the entrance gate). Daily or annual pass required.
- Fishing Pier
- Accessible Fishing
- Picnic Areas (Reserve a shelter)
- Swimming Beach
- Trails for Hiking and Cross-Country Skiing
- Watercraft Rentals $10 per Hour (Canoes, Paddleboats, Kayaks, Paddleboards)
Annual park passes (valid January - December) are available for purchase at the following locations:
- Community Development Department - St. Croix County Government Center (Hudson)
- Community Development Department - St. Croix County Ag Center (Baldwin)
*daily park passes ($10) may be purchased at the park
- Ice Fishing
- Skating on Perch Lake
- Cross-Country Skiing (trails are not groomed and skiers will need to break their own trails)
St. Croix County Hunting Plan
The St Croix County Hunting Plan allows hunters to make informed decisions about upcoming seasons and hunting areas in county parks. The Hunting Plan provides current season information.
Map of Homestead Parklands
Bookworm Trail (PDF) is a community-supported literacy and "no child left inside project".