Guardianship proceedings for an adult or a minor are filed in the Register in Probate office.
Petitioner may seek the advice of an attorney before or after a guardian is appointed.
- Procedure guidelines and forms are available through the links below or from the Register in Probate office.
- Adult guardianship:
- Minor guardianship of the estate:
- Minor guardianship of the person:
- Choose one of the procedure guidelines above.
- Access and complete the forms listed in the procedure guideline.
- File the completed forms with the Register in Probate office to open a guardianship action with the court.