A major area of responsibility of the Office of the County Clerk is election administration. This involves accumulating the results of each election and canvassing the election returns for each federal, state and county office. The coordination of election programming, coding, ballot preparation, and election notices for the federal, state and county elected offices is also this office's responsibility.
For election purposes, the County Clerk’s Office is the filing officer for the County Board of Supervisors and the County Elected Officials. This means that campaign finance and ballot access forms such as nomination papers, campaign registration and declaration of candidacy forms for these offices are filed with the County Clerk.
All St. Croix County polling places contain Help America Vote Act (HAVA) compliant voting equipment which allows individuals with disabilities to vote independently.
2018 Election Dates
- Spring Primary Election Information and Unofficial Results: February 20, 2018
- Spring Election Information and Unofficial Results: April 3, 2018
- Partisan Primary: August 14, 2018
- General Election: November 6, 2018
- MyVote Wisconsin: Contains detailed Wisconsin election information including voter registration information, requesting an absentee ballot, polling place location, etc.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission: Administration of Wisconsin Election Laws
- State of Wisconsin Ethics Commission: Administration of Wisconsin’s campaign finance, lobbying, and ethics laws
- Bring It to the Ballot: Voter Photo ID information and how to obtain a free state ID card
- Campaign Sign Placement Information
- Legislative District Maps
- St. Croix County Polling Places (PDF)