Drinking Water Program Testing Event
- Offering the opportunity for 150 private well owners to voluntarily test their drinking water
- Voluntary program developed to:
- Make water testing convenient
- Help you learn about your drinking water
- Learn what you can do to keep your private water supply safe and healthy
Available Tests & Pricing
|DACT Screen Test||$30|
|All 3 Test Packages (save $8.00)||$123|
|Home Radon Test Kits (pick-up in office only)||$10|
How to Participate
- Pre-order/Reserve water test:
- By phone (715-386-4680) or E-mail Tammy Traxler
- Make payment via credit card or by check
- Pick up in Baldwin (Ag Extension Office) or Hudson (Government Center)
- Water test kits can be mailed for a $3.50 fee (last day to mail is February 5th @ 4:30 pm)
- Water samples must be collected on Monday, February 11th.
- Return water samples on Monday, February 11th at the Baldwin or Hudson office between 8 am - 5:30 pm
- Results will be mailed directly to participants in 4-6 weeks, or earlier if your sample indicates a health threat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if I forget or have an emergency?
- You won't forget! We'll contact you on February 11 if we haven't received your water samples.
- Or, in case of emergencies, contact us to discuss alternative options.
- What happens to my sample after I drop it off?
- On Tuesday, February 12th, staff will deliver the water samples to the UW-Stevens Point lab for analysis.
- How do I fill out the lab form?
- Well Information: Check your well cap or well construction report. Don't have a copy of the well construction report? We can help, E-mail CDD.
- Legal Description: Can be found on property tax statement or check Land Information online (search by address).
- Well Casing: Can be found on well construction report (okay to leave blank if unknown)
- Any questions filling out the form, contact Tammy Traxler.
- Who should participate?
- St. Croix County residents with private wells
- There are over 16,000 private wells in St. Croix County
- My water tastes fine, so it must be safe to drink.
- Nitrates dissolve easily in water and may not affect the taste of your water.
- Why does it cost so much?
- If you choose to do all three tests, it is only $0.34/day (annually)
- If you choose to do the homeowner's package, it is only $0.14/day (annually)