We all want our community to stay healthy. You play the most important role. By getting vaccinated, wearing a face mask, and following the recommendations listed below, together we can help protect our community. Here you will find information on:
St. Croix County Public Health has a mask advisory in place until December 7, 2021 upon which time it will be reviewed by the Health Officer to determine if it should be continued, modified, or discontinued.
Every individual, age five and older, in St. Croix County should wear a face mask if the following apply:
- The individual is not fully vaccinated or
- The individual is fully vaccinated and is
- In public indoor settings when the level of community transmission in St. Croix County is at a “substantial” or “high” level. Our current transmission level is updated weekly can be found on the St. Croix County COVID-19 Dashboard.
- At local businesses and workplaces which ask individuals to mask.
- In healthcare settings.
- In K-12 schools (students, staff, and visitors).
- At a place where masks are required by local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations.
- If they are residents or employees in a correctional or detention facility, jail, or homeless shelter.
This advisory is not enforceable by law enforcement or anyone else. It is in the best interest of everyone living or physically present in St. Croix County to follow the recommendations of this advisory.
Transmission Level Information
|Low Transmission (blue)||Moderate
|Healthcare Settings||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking|
|*K-12 Schools (Students, Staff, Visitors)||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking||Universal Indoor Masking|
|*With Weakened Immune Systems||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces|
|*Not Fully Vaccinated||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces|
|*Fully Vaccinated||Mask Optional||Mask Optional||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces||Mask in Public Indoor Spaces|
*Wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings and during activities where you are in close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated when St. Croix County’s level of transmission is at substantial or high.
Note: Universal indoor masking means that any individual, regardless of vaccination status should wear a mask.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, stay home, get tested, and stay home while awaiting test results.
- For Fully Vaccinated Individuals:
- Follow the guidance in the table above. You are fully vaccinated if it has been more than two weeks since you received your last dose in the vaccine series. .
- For Not Fully Vaccinated Individuals:
- Get vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines are currently available for individuals 12 years of age or older. Learn more and find your vaccine here.
- Physically distance, avoid crowds, and follow the guidance in the table above.
Events and Gatherings
- Large events or gatherings (250 or more attendees) are not recommended for individuals who are not fully vaccinated. Follow state and national public health guidance to reduce your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 while attending.
- In hosting an event, large or small, consider potential risk factors for COVID-19 in planning your event.
Are you planning a large in-person public event?
Public Health wants to provide recommendations and help make sure everyone in attendance as safe as possible. Please fill out the form below 30 days before your planned event.