St. Croix County is partnering with the Family Resource Center of the St. Croix Valley to host a series of peer-led, recovery-focused groups at the Services Center in New Richmond. These cafes are intended for parents in Pierce, Polk, or St. Croix Counties with young children up to kindergarten age. The cafe will focus on the recovery process, including recovery from addiction and mental health conditions.
- Tuesday, September 26
- 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- St. Croix County Services Center - 1752 Dorset Lane New Richmond, WI
These cafés are free. Childcare and a meal will be provided. Attendees will receive a $20 gas card and be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a raffle basket. Registration is required and limited spots are available. Please register through the Family Resource Center website or call the Family Resource Center at: 715-684-4440.
About the Café
Join us and meet others on a similar path, receive dedicated support and a chance to heal with this program! Find ways to embrace change in various aspects of your life. Some questions/topics for discussion are:
- What are signs of stress in your body and what can you do to address them?
- What healthy habits have helped you in recovery?
- What healthy decisions have you made that have caused major changes in your physical well-being?
- How does the support from others help you love yourself?
- What does family mean to you? How do friends become family?
- How do you balance taking care of yourself and taking care of others?
Recovery can be from many different types of addictions or trauma such as:
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Eating Disorder
- Unhealthy Relationships
- Medical Crisis
- or other Trauma
The Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley is a non-profit organization that offers free parent education and family support to families in Pierce, Polk, and St. Croix Counties.