St. Croix County Highway Department works to mirror the guidelines noted for State highways in regards to the placement of signs. Any signs along roadways, including political/campaign signs, garage sale, for sale, etc. pose potential hazards.
Improperly placed signs can:
- Obstruct a motorist’s view
- Distract a driver’s attention
- Compound damages or injuries in the event of a crash
- Endanger the safety of individuals who are erecting signs along busy highways
- Present obstacles to crews who maintain (mow) roadways
- Political/campaign signs, especially larger billboard-type signs, are particularly dangerous when placed in vision areas at intersections.