Where do I start?
  1. You will need to contact an Advocate at the District Attorney's Office in the St. Croix County Government Center located in Hudson, Wisconsin. You may also contact a victim advocate by phone at 715-386-4666. By speaking with an advocate, you will be able to decide the type of petition that fits your situation.
  2. You will need to come to the Government center to file your petition. At this time the advocate will help answer any questions you may have and help you in completing the petition. The victim advocate's office is located on the main level, Room 1259, of the Government Center, which is located at:
    1101 Carmichael Road
    Hudson, WI 54016
  3. After completing the petition, the advocate will bring the petition to the Judge for review. During this time, the Judge will decide whether to grant a Temporary Restraining Order.

Show All Answers

1. Is a restraining order for me?
2. Where do I start?
3. What comes after the Temporary Restraining Order?
4. Do I need an attorney?
5. Does the respondent need an attorney?
6. Are there penalties for respondents who break the temporary restraining order or injunction?
7. If I file a restraining order petition, will my abuser know what I said in the petition?
8. Does getting a restraining order mean I have custody of the kids?
9. Does having a temporary restraining order or injunction mean my abuser has to stay away from the kids also?
10. Can I get a restraining order for psychological/emotional abuse?
11. Will I be able to return to my home immediately after I file a temporary restraining order?
12. How can I make sure that the temporary restraining order/injunction will be enforced?
13. If we live or work in the same place, how can I be assured of no contact with my abuser?
14. How do I determine which county I should file in?
15. Will I void or violate my restraining order by having contact with the respondent?
16. Is it possible to get my restraining order extended?