- Human Resources
- Benefit Information
St Croix County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for regular full-time employees that work at least 30 hours per week on a regular basis. Regular part-time employees working between 20 and 29 hours per week are eligible for Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Wellness Benefits. (Temporary, seasonal, and on-call employees are not eligible.)
- Medical Insurance: St. Croix County has a self-funded insurance plan administered through Preferred One. Employees pay 10% of the premium for this comprehensive coverage.
- Dental Insurance: Employees may elect to purchase dental insurance through Delta Dental. The County offers 4 tiers of coverage.
- Vision Insurance: Employees may elect to purchase vision insurance through Guardian. The County offers 2 different networks.
- Life Insurance: St Croix County provides basic life insurance through Unum to eligible employees in an amount equal to annual salary. Employees may elect to purchase additional coverage for them-self, their spouse, or eligible dependents.
- Long-Term Disability: St Croix County provides basic long term disability insurance of 60% gross pre-disability income for employees who become disabled for more than 90 days.
- Wellness Reimbursement: Employees may submit for up to $300 reimbursement at the end of every calendar year for qualifying wellness expenses.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employees can elect to contribute to a Health Care or Dependent Care account on a pre-tax basis in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Deferred Compensation: St. Croix County partners with multiple vendors to offer employees the opportunity to enroll in a 457 Deferred Compensation plan. Deferred compensation is a tax-favored savings program that allows public employees to contribute a portion of their salary before taxes to a retirement savings account.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): St. Croix County provides employees with access to two different Employee Assistant Programs at no cost to the employee. The EAP’s provide counseling, coaching, crisis support, financial/legal management consultations, and online training services.
- Supplemental Benefits: Employees can enroll in a variety of supplemental benefits, including short-term disability, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, and critical illness insurance.
- Holiday: St. Croix County provides eligible employees with 10 paid holidays per year.
- Leave Time: St. Croix County offers a non-traditional leave package which encourages employees to carefully plan their time away from work and maximize time spent on the job. Employees accrue PTO (paid-time off) based on hours worked.
- A full-time employee can accrue up to 320 hours.
- At the end of the calendar year, employees can elect to roll their PTO forward or receive a cash payout of up to 48 hours.
- Employees hired before October 5, 2022 that retire from the County with a bank of long-term sick hours will have that value converted at their last salary to a retirement health savings account to be used for qualified medical expenses on a pretax basis (must work at least 30 hours to be eligible or must hold 0.75 position or higher to be eligible).
Wisconsin Retirement System
The County’s retirement program is administered by the Department of Employee Trust Funds. Contribution rates vary with classification status: elected, protective service (certified law enforcement), and general employee.
Retirement rates are subject to annual changes based upon the actions of the State of Wisconsin. To be eligible for participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System, the employees must be scheduled to work a minimum of 1,200 hours per year in a bona fide County position.
Student Loan Forgiveness
Please see document below for full details on this fantastic program for public service employees!