Licensing & Inspections
St. Croix County-Licensing and Inspections is an agent of the state for Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) and Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) for the licensing and inspecting the facility types listed below.
Inspections of these St. Croix County facilities are public record. To request a copy of an inspection report: email Environmental Health
Are you planning to open, purchase, remodel, or build a :
- Restaurant or Retail Food Establishment?
- Hotel, Motel, Tourist Rooming House, or Bed & Breakfast?
- Swimming Pool?
- Tattoo, Body Piercing, or Permanent Cosmetics Establishment?
- Recreational Educational Camp?
- Manufactured Home Community?
- Micro Market?
1. If you are unsure where to start or have general questions about any of the above license types; click here and submit the General Questions Form.
2. If you are ready to submit a plan review for a new construction, remodel, or change in use of an existing property; click here and submit the Plan Review form.
Note: If you are purchasing an existing business with no change in use and/or you will not be remodeling or changing equipment; you do not need to submit a plan review but will submit a Permit Application.
3. When you are within 30 days of opening, complete this online Permit Application Form and the final licensing inspection will be scheduled.
Are you looking for a special event type permits ?
Special Event Transient Food Application Submitted by food stand operators at any St. Croix County special event such as fairs, festivals, concert, or carnivals.
Special Event Campground Application: Submitted by any operator planning to provide special event camping in St. Croix County.
For our License and Inspection Recent Newsletter:
Go to our Public Health News page.
To Pay Your License or Inspection Fee
Our office accepts checks, money orders, or electronic payments. Our mailing address is SCC Public Health at 1752 Dorset Lane, New Richmond, WI 54017. If you know the exact amount owed, call 715-246-8432 to make an electronic payment.