The St. Croix County Jail utilizes a government payment site so the public is able to post bond online. Below you will find step by step instructions on how to post bond for someone incarcerated in the St. Croix County Jail.
Notice Regarding Bond Posting
Prior to posting bond, you are advised that, if the defendant fails to comply with any conditions of bond, the bond could be forfeited. The bond could be forfeited for any violation, including but not limited to the following:
- If the defendant fails to appear at any required court appearance.
- If the defendant is ordered to have no contact with another person or place and the defendant has contact.
- If the defendant commits another crime.
- If the defendant has been ordered not to drive or not to consume alcoholic beverages and drives or consumes alcohol.
Note: If the defendant is found guilty, the bond will be applied to any restitution, fine or costs.
How to Post Bond Online
- Call the St. Croix County Jail at 715-386-4753 for the correct pay location code and to get the individual's warrant number, court date, bond amount, and citation number.
- Go to GovPayNet and enter the information about the individual that you are posting bond for. Once finished, verify that all the information that you entered is correct.
- Enter the bond amount that was provided to you by the jail. (A non-refundable GPS service fee will be added to all transactions. The fee is 5% of the bond amount.)
- Enter the credit card holder information in the allowed spaces.
- Here you will see if your credit card has been accepted. If it has been accepted, the St. Croix County Jail will received a fax from GovPayNet stating that bond has been posted. If your card fails to go through, it will say on top of the page that the transaction could not be completed.