Recycling Resources for Organizations
If you are part of a group that could benefit from an in-person or virtual presentation, the Recycling Specialist is available to work with your business, school, community or government organization. Remember, recycling is not an option, it is the LAW.
There is no charge for this service. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 715.531.1907
BUSINESS RECYCLING RESOURCES
Wisconsin businesses and other workplaces can save landfilling costs, potentially earn money from the sale of materials, along with helping Wisconsin's economy and the environment by recycling. Below are links to Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources' (DNR) publications specific to businesses.
- Convenience Stores
- Owners of Apartment & Multi-Family Dwellings
SCHOOL RECYCLING RESOURCES
Schools accumulate tons of waste, from paper and computers to food and books. By learning how to handle these wastes as a resource, school officials have an opportunity to save on costs and positively influence the future of their school, district, and students, while preserving the environment.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction: a Guide for Schools (DNR publication)
- Your Actions Matter with Recycle Racoon (PowerPoint presentation)
Teachers can use this with grade school children to walk them through Reducing, Reusing & Recycling
MUNICIPALITY RECYCLING RESOURCES
Here you will find recycling resources for municipalities in St. Croix County.
Please link from your municipality's website to the information on this page.
- St. Croix County Recycling Website
- St. Croix County Resource Management & Recycling Facebook Page
- St. Croix County Recycling Newsletter
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Website
- A-Z Recycling & Disposal Guide
- Garbage and Recycling Haulers
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Appliance Collection
- Electronics Collection
- Tire Collection
- Special Events Recycling Bins
The links below are files that can be posted on your website, printed-off for handouts or posters and can be included in emails. Choose from Option 1 or Option 2 below based on your plastics recycling program. If you need custom content, contact the county’s Recycling Specialist for any assistance.
Option 1 - Recycling Program: with plastics #1-2 collection
Haulers include: Murtha Sanitation, Paul’s Industrial Garage (PIG), Waterman’s Sanitation
- 2020_SCC Recycling Handout_#1-2 plastics
- 2020_SCC Recycling Poster_#1-2 plastics
- Recycling Container Label_8 x 11" (optional)
Option 2 - Recycling Program: with plastics #1-7 collection
Haulers include: Advanced Disposal, Hometown Disposal, Olson Sanitation, River City Disposal, Waste Management