PUBLIC HEARING ON
REVISIONS TO CHAPTER 30 PARKS ORDINANCE
St. Croix County will hold a public hearing on proposed revisions to Chapter 30 Parks Ordinance on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm, at the Community Development Committee meeting in the County Board Room at the St. Croix County Government Center, 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson. The public will have the opportunity to comment on the ordinance. Verbal, email or written comments are welcome.
The Parks Ordinance governs the conduct of visitors to County Parks, Forests and Recreation Areas, guides recreational uses on park properties, provides protection for the resource, and provides guidance for county staff on property operations and management. The proposed Chapter 30 revisions will update elements, including:
- Changes to be more consistent with the Wisconsin State Park System and other area parks.
- Updated rules with respect to changes in technology.
- Additional detail to provide better guidance and clarity.
- Clearer guidance regarding hunting and trapping. The revised ordinance creates a season structure that provides unique hunting opportunities while balancing other recreational demands and the safety of our visitors and neighbors and keeps the county in compliance with state stewardship rules.
- Provides guidance for future recreational opportunities.
Background Information and a Revised Park Ordinance are available. Questions and comments can be directed to Aaron Mason, Park Administrator, St. Croix County 715-245-1154 or Community Development Department 715-386-4680.
Park Entrance Fees, Rental Fees, Camping Fees
Entrance fees for all parks is $10 per vehicle per day or $30 for an annual pass. Watercraft rental equipment at Homestead Parklands and Glen Hills park are $10 per hour with a 2 hour initial max (Please see individual park pages for information on available watercraft rental). Camping is $25 per night for an electric site and $20 per night for a non-electric site. Shelters and Campsites may be reserved by visiting our parks reservations page.
2019 Annual Park Passes
Annual park passes are available for purchase at the following locations:
- Community Development Department - St. Croix County Government Center (Hudson)
- Community Development Department - St. Croix County Ag Center (Baldwin)
The St. Croix County Outdoor Recreation Plan serves as a guide to the development of parks and outdoor recreation facilities and is updated every five years. There is a need to provide for increasing recreational demand while at the same time improving quality of life, enhancing property values and protecting natural resources for future generations.
Pets are allowed in county parks as long as they are on a leash less than 8' long at all times per the Parks Ordinance Ch. 30. Pets are not allowed on the beaches or swimming areas and they must be picked up after.
Firewood may no longer be brought into the parks. This ban also includes pallets, lumber scraps and any other wood. If you have firewood with you:
- Take it back home
- Place it in a sealed container or bag and keep it in your vehicle for the duration of your stay
- Failure to comply with this policy could result in revocation of camping permit and/or issuance of a citation. Thank you for your cooperation!